Saturday, April 26, 2008

How does he reach the peddles??



One night as I was watching TV, the news came on. The first story the news covered for that day was this interesting little clip. This 7-year-old boy steals his grandmother's SUV and drives it down several busy streets with his friend. In the process the little boy hits four cars and some mailboxes. Several of my friends were talking about this because they had seen it on YouTube, and they thought it was hilarious. They thought the fact that this little boy was trying to be so thug for a 7 year old was great. I basically just couldn't believe a 7-year-old would do this. I think I was in first grade when I was seven. How did this kid even reach the peddles?  In addition, he wasn't remorseful or sorry at all. He just thought that maybe he should have his video games taking away for a weekend. He did not understand the magnitude of what he had actually done, and the fact that his grandmother was going to have to pay to have all of the cars fixed. Kids today are getting progressively worse, and I think that has a large part to do with TV, movies, video games, and music. They see all of these things through the media and think acting them out will be okay.

No comments: