Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ban on Cell Phones in Louisiana?

Recently I heard from my friends and family at home that Louisiana legislators are trying to pass a law that would ban the use of cell phones while driving all together. I understand that cell phones can be a distraction while driving, but I know I do not want to have to give up using my cell phone when in my car. Cell phones have become a huge part of our culture, and sometimes I believe that they have taken over. However, people spend so much time in their cars everyday that not being able to use a cell phone could also hinder them. People conduct business on their cell phones and talk to family, so not being able to use a cell phone while in a car so much would be inefficient. This is could be a good idea to help keep others safe, but I know people would not be happy and enforcing this law would be a big challenge as well.

No comments: